Nov 6, 2010

Addition to the Stout Life


Wow I haven't been on here in a LOOONG time! We still miss Garret (from posts below) but man time has passed since May, it's almost been 6 months since I've touched this thing!? I was annoying with how many posts I was doing, and then just disappeared. :)

Well many posts will be coming soon due to all the changes we will be going through within a short 7 months lol.

Last month I was forced to change Birth Control due to my facility not selling my normal prescription anymore. They gave me an additional brand that was supposed to be basically the same thing. As time went on I was feeling pretty rotten, I was very tired, stomach pain, & dizzy constantly. While doing my workouts I was not able to keep up & work was kind of a drag. I went to my doctors after speaking to my cousin to change my prescription. The doctor stated that although I had not had a kid yet they would be willing to give me paragard, which is an implanted Birth Control that lasts 12 years!! I was stoked! The next week I had gone into the doctors office to insert the lil miracle, yet it was too difficult since I have not had a kid yet. My doctor said to wait for my cycle to see if we would be able to get it in at that time..

A bug was going around at work shortly after & I thought I had caught it, like I always do. I was exhausted, nausea's & just a zombie. Many people at my work were getting this same thing, yet theirs were only lasting 2 full days, when mine had been extended for weeks. Alex & I went to the movie 'Life as we know it' and LOVED it!
It actually made Alex baby hungry, and secretly that gave me a relief because I was nervous that what I was feeling was not just a bug from work, but a bug from our Love ;). As time went on Alex & I both had a feeling there may be a shocker on it's way, yet we didn't talk about it. Few more days passed & my boobies were getting 'utterly' sore & then realized that I hadn't started my cycle yet.

I was in denial so it took me til October 14th to take a pregnancy test... low and behold POSITIVE. I was in shock! It took me about 10 minutes to leave the bathroom.. I was pacing back & forth, coming up with how to tell Alex, who was studying for school in our bedroom. I had it planned out perfectly, or so I though. I walked into the room & all that came out was 'We need to go to the store!'. Alex's eyes didn't leave the computer screen & asked why. I said
'No, we need to go to the store Now!' & shoved my lil' pee stick in his face. He looked at me in disbelief. As he continued to look between me and the pee stick I started Bawling! Shock, excitement, scared, confused emotions hit me like a ton of bricks! Alex continued to ask me why I was crying & all I could do was cry lol.

I quickly grabbed a hat and sweater & we bolted to the car. We went to Smith's down the street & grabbed two separate brands from the one I had just soiled. Driving there & back I was sucking down water as though I had never heard of the delicious liquid. Few minutes later I was able to take the two tests. Which surprisingly both turned out positive again! We both kind of looked at each other as 'Welp' lol.


That night we had to go out to Dinner for my older Sister, Debbie's Birthday at Asian Star. Alex and I were both very quite before, during, & after the dinner, because we had decided to wait to tell them. I turned down sushi, which is not like me at all. My mom looked at me, and I told her that I was still not feeling well. She looked at me and asked me if I was pregnant. I said no, this bug that is going around at work.. On the way home from dinner my dad randomly decided to talk about how my mom was when she was pregnant. What she craved, her emotions, what made her sick, how she slept all the time. I was astonished of their timing! It was very hard to not just blurt it out.

We didn't last too long with not telling our parents. that Saturday night we decided to tell our parents at 11pm. Quickly we wrapped all 3 sticks in a box, walked into my parents room who were luckily still awake. I told them that they've been so great to us & saw something which made us think of them. My dad confusingly & very slowly unwrapped the box to find 3 separate pee sticks. He was blown away & showed my mom, who shreeked with excitement! I told them they had to keep this between us for now because we're not sure when we'll tell people, at least not til our doctors appointment. We rushed over to Alex's parents, but his mom wasn't home. We waited til about 7:30pm on Sunday & they were excited with the news as well. Jennifer had a feeling because we made it clear we wanted them to be together when we gave them the gift.

We had our first Doctors Appointment on Oct 27th in Riverton. I was so nervous I just got the first doctor I could get an appointment with. I tried locating a woman, but they are in such high demand I wouldn't be able to get in for two or three weeks. I just took the first man that was available, which was not approved by my mother. She continued to express her concern on how I need to locate a doctor that someone we know has had & can recommend. I continued to tell her that I would, I just want to get into a doctors as soon as possible, after that I will keep looking. On the way to the appointment she continued to express her concerns over and over like a great mom would. We went into the building & she saw a list of the doctors that were on that floor. She asked what doctor I was going to, and I told her Dr. Mark Curtis. Blown away my mom got a large grin on her face 'that's MY doctor?!?' lol. She was very surprised because apparently my randomly picked doctor helped her get pregnant with me & my little brother, DJ. My mother had a few miscarriages and this doctor was great with helping her & my dad. Turns out that this doctor had also delivered me as well. SMALL WORLD!

Sitting in the waiting room, not knowing what was going to happen, we finally got in to see the doctor. He was very nice, very approachable and was excited to see my mom. Said it's strange when you start delivering kids from kids you delivered lol. Randomly he pulled out a tool & placed a cold gel on my belly, I was not expecting for him to try & hear the heart beat this early. You could hear my growling tummy & intestines moving around, but then very faintly you could hear this strange sound. He announced that the very faint noise was our baby's heart beat!! We sat there for about 8 minutes just listening to this strong lil noise! We were in shock, and suddenly things got very real. Doctor said I had to be about 8 weeks in order to hear that so well, & next time we would be able to hear it stronger. Reassuring that the miscarriage percent just went from 18% down to 3% with the ability to hear the heart beat that day.

So it is official, Alex and I will be having a wee' one in June. We are going to find out the sex of the kiddo until it's born. I'm worried I may break under pressure, but Alex & I promised one another we would wait, and he's dead set on it ;). We already know the names for if it's a Girl or a Boy.

Girl: Denzlee Rynn Stout
Boy: Max Stout

We are now on 9 weeks & 5 days along! This puts the size of our wee' one the size of a prune, which is 1.5 inches. Our next appointment is November 24th, and I may be about 12 weeks along at that point, we are excited!

3 comments:

Amanda & Clay said...

Jill, It was exciting reading about how you found out! congratulations again. you will make such a great mother. :D, Good luck to you and Alex.

Leslie and Matthew Bybee said...

YAY!!!!! I LOVE that you are going to have a wee one!

Jill & Alex said...

Thanks!! You'll get annoyed of all my updates I'm sure :). I just hope I'm a creative & fun mom like you dear!! Thanks!!
I'm excited we're going to have a wee' one too! I'm very happy I'm on this new experience with you too lil' prego lady!